I didn’t get a chance to write yesterday, my day was just too busy. Mark played at the Vryfees (sort of like an art festival) with his brother and friends. The name of their band is Limeric. I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Mark was awesome enough to do a cover of “Last of the American Girls” by Green Day.
I must say, I’ve been a Green Day fan since about 1999. I totally love the sound of their music even if I don’t agree with all of the lyrics.
Here is a picture of the band on stage last night. Mark did a bit of editing on the image. Mark is in the centre. His brother is on the drums, and our friends Pieter and Wessel are the other members. Pieter is the guitarist on the left. Wessel is the bassist on the right. The Facebook group for Limeric can be found here.
My day started off pretty badly since I was feeling extremely unwell. I had a huge headache and couldn’t keep any food down, not even water. I also almost fell asleep in the bathtub. On top of it all there was a problem at work that I needed to help sort out. By about 12pm I was feeling well enough to drive so I went to the office and helped out there. By 3pm it was all over and I was feeling fine and healthy again.
Limeric played again tonight at 5pm, and the performance was even better than last night. I was highly ticked off though because halfway through the show the bouncers started asking everyone to leave and stand in a queue outside. At 5:30pm they started charging a cover charge. When the bouncer got to my table, I said “Here is my money, I’m watching the show.” and I didn’t move. I’d get up when the show was over to pay the cover, or they should bring the little rubber stamp to me. It was stupid to tell people to leave while a band was busy playing on the stage. Needless to say pretty much everyone left at that point, and didn’t come back. I didn’t pay a cover charge in the end. They didn’t take my money or make me leave to get my hand stamped, and I left with Mark and the band through the backstage exit, so the bouncer didn’t catch me on the way out. I wasn’t interested in watching any of the other bands playing tonight and I wasn’t going to pay R60 to watch the last 20minutes of the band that started playing while it was still free. If they had brought the little rubber stamp to my table then I would have paid happily, but they didn’t.
Tomorrow I am going to visit my mom in Queenstown. I am so excited! I haven’t been home in over a year. I can’t believe it has been so long. I am looking forward to seeing my cat again and the mountains. You have no idea how much I miss the mountains. Bloemfontein is so flat! It is also the first time Mark is going to Queenstown. I’m planning on showing him around the town. I am also wanting to go looking for my ancestor’s grave. I’m writing up a family history and I want to get photographs of the gravestones for it. I did find them online, but I suspect there is going to be more writing on the back or sides of one of them. So I want to take a look myself.
On Saturday we are going to Port Elizabeth to fetch some furniture that I inherited and a cousin has been storing for the past 8 months. I am planning to be back in Bloemfontein on Monday.
Speaking of 8 months, Mark and I have been seeing each other for 8 months today.
Here is another picture of the band:
Now it is bedtime. So I say goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment