About Me

My photo
I am me. A young lady born and raised in South Africa with German and Irish ancestors. My life has it's ups and down. I am a sinner, I am a Christian, I am not perfect, but I am striving to be the best I can be.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

In my day… 8 July 2012

I think that today is going to be a great day.

This morning I decided to sleep in.  At about 7:30am I heard Zoey scratching on the bathroom door to be let out (she sleeps in the bathroom).  So I got up and took her outside, then went straight back to bed.  I woke up around 9am to see her quietly sitting on her blanket in my bedroom.  She seems to have a blanket in every room now, and more often than not she is quite happy to sleep on the blankets.  She is growing up so fast. 

I got up around 9am and turned the kettle on, but I still haven’t made tea yet.  I think I’m going to go make a cup now.  Up until now I have been visiting the Yahoo Groups I am a member of, and taking a look at Facebook.

13:44 - I went through to the living room to find that Zoey had somehow managed to get a ball of wool off the bookcase.  She had completely tangled herself up in it and the living room looked like a spiders web.  Thinking back I should have taken a photograph.  I couldn’t stop laughing at her trying to get loose.  After about 5 minutes I helped her get untangled then put her outside while I sorted out the wool.  Luckily it was a ball of wool I hadn’t begun using yet!  That took most of the morning.

Mark helped me was dishes and tidy up a little bit.  I knitted a few rows while we watched 2 episodes of Stargate SG-1.  Now I need to organize our dinner.

I haven’t done any of my morning routine today.  I desperately need to start following it again tomorrow.

15:14 - It’s never too late to start.  I just finished my morning routine.  Now I feel like baking a cake.  I told Mark I would bake a cake today, so I think I shall.

21:51 - The cake turned out really well.  It is my special recipe, chocolate oil cake.  I’ll be sure to add it to my recipe list on Friday, in fact the post is already written for it.  I admit I haven’t cleaned up though.  Just before the cake was ready Mark and I went to watch the practice of a band called “Mark in Miami”.  Mark’s brother and his girlfriend started the band as a Blues / Jazz band, Mark is not in this band, but he did inspire the name.  I thoroughly enjoyed listening to them play tonight.  They are going to be playing 2 shows later this week, but Mark and I won’t make it to the shows.  We are going to visit my mother in Queenstown, and then take a trip to the coast (Port Elizabeth) for a day.  I am really looking forward to getting out of Bloemfontein for a while.

Mark’s band, Limeric is going to be playing this week too.  I’m really looking forward to the show.

Now it is off to bed for a peaceful night’s rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment