I’m straying from my regular in my day today, just to chill and chat…
My knitting has reached 70cm. I need to get this strip to 150cm before moving onto the next strip for my blanket. I’m almost half way. I plan to get half way before the end of the evening.
This morning I was awake at 8am, had a cup of coffee, then started working in the garden. Mark was here to help me. We planted my rose bush yesterday, the one he gave me as a gift. July is the season to plant rose trees in South Africa and also prune them.
We also worked the flower bed outside the spare room window and dug up all the succulent plants there. We discovered that the soil had a lot of cement powder in it (probably from when the house was built). We dug up about 1ft and put the soil somewhere else in the garden, then replaced it with healthy fertile soil. I have now planted some useful seeds (peas).
I also planted Marigolds, Coriander, Rosemary and Parsley in old egg cartons yesterday. They are sitting on the outskirts of Lego city in my toy room / sun room / computer room – or whatever it is.
I was doing some research on my ancestor Carsten Langhein today. I’m putting together a heritage page for my main blog, but I’m not done yet. Carsten Langhein was the first Langhein to come to South Africa from Germany in 1858. I won’t say more than that though.
I also made a delicious Broccoli and Mashed Potato meal for lunch. The recipe will be on my main blog and recipe blog at a later date.
Finally I did some washing of dishes, wrote a few emails, read a few emails, read a few blogs and watched The Notebook.
It’s so weird not needing to go to work tomorrow. I am on leave for 3 weeks!
That’s basically my day. Think I’m going to do a little more knitting and maybe watch another movie, then I’ll call it a night!

No comments:
Post a Comment