Ta Da List:
- Completed my morning routine 100%
- Moved the furniture into place
- Baked bread
- Cleaned the kitchen
- Got a few groceries
I am grateful for
- the safe trip to the Eastern Cape this past weekend
- being able to see the beautiful snowy mountains
- that the wooden furniture didn’t get damaged with the rain we had during the trip
- that the bread turned out well
- a washing machine (I would hate to need to hand wash clothes!)
My Day:
I’m so thrilled that I was able to get so much done today in the lines of cleaning up my house. It was a mess when I got home with all the stuff from the car all over the place, and Florence is only coming to help me on Thursday, so I had to do some of the cleaning myself today.
I reviewed my finances this morning. I’ve decided that I’m going to try everything in my power to cut down as many expenses as possible. This means that I’m going to be sticking to a strict budget from now on. I really want to save up as much money as I can. Some people may wonder what I am saving for, well, that is a secret for the moment, but I’ll let you in on it when the time is right.
I baked my own bread today. It turned out amazingly well. There was something so relaxing about kneading the dough on my kitchen table. I had to knead for 10 minutes so it was quite a spiritual experience. I did the maths, and it isn’t any cheaper for me to make my own than it is to buy from the shop. It tastes the same too, so I can assume the shop is using a similar recipe and similar ingredients, just in larger quantities.
Now my puppy Zoey is whining at the bathroom door and scratching. She didn’t give this much trouble last night when I put her to bed there. I hope she calms down soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment